英语资讯
News

英语文摘:1 dead, 3 injured in stabbing at Texas high school

Source:    2013-09-05   English BBS   Favorite  

HOUSTON, Sept. 4 (Xinhua) -- A 17-year-old student was stabbed dead and three others were injured during a fight at a high school in the U.S. state of Texas early Wednesday, local media reported.

The stabbing happened at 7:10 a.m. local time in a hallway leading to a cafeteria on the Spring High School campus in Houston area, according to the real-time report of the Houston Chronicle.

One student died on the spot and a 16-year-old boy in critical condition was flown by Life Flight medical helicopter to a medical center. The boy's parents told reporters that he is expected to survive.

Two other students suffered minor injuries and one of them has been discharged from hospital, the report said.

1 dead, 3 injured in stabbing at Texas high school

Earlier, other media reports suggested the number of the injured could be more. Witnesses told KHOU 11 News as many as five people were stabbed.

Officials said all the victims are students. Three students have been detained by authorities. But it's not clear at this point if they were suspects in the stabbing.

No details have been revealed about the circumstances of the campus stabbing. Unconfirmed reports on Twitter indicated it was possibly a gang fight.

According to police, a confrontation escalated into a fight, during which weapons were pulled out and the deadly incident occurred. It's not known what weapons were used and investigators have so far not found them.

A spokesman for the family of one of the victims said the incident was part of an ongoing battle between a group of young man of "different races," indicating the attack could be racially tinged.

A student said he knew something was wrong when nurses were called for over the loud speaker. The teen described the situation as "chaotic" and said students were "freaking out."

The school was on lockdown all morning as the campus was still considered an active crime scene investigation.

Shortly after noon, students were allowed to exit from the back of the school building to be picked up at a stadium parking lot. No one was allowed to walk on campus.

The school has about 3,000 students. Authorities said they will provide additional security at the high school for the next few days.


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语文摘:3 injured in gunmen attack in Kabul
下一篇:英语文摘:Egypt's minister survives assassination attempt as bomb explodes near convoy: report
最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved