华尔街中级英语学习教程第3课:找人Act2 (MP3和文本下载)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2016-07-14  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

DAVID:
The Universe Hotel,
Port of Spain,
Trinidad,
West Indies.
Dear Dad,

This is just to say that Juanita and I are having a marvellous honeymoon here on Trinidad. There's a lovely beach right next to the hotel; the food is excellent, and the cocktails are
even better! The weather has been absolutely great, of course, and I've got quite brown.

I'm not sure what we'll do next; Juanita wants to go straight back to Washdon, so I don't lose my job, but I think that's a bit ridiculous. I mean, after all, she has only to say the word
to her father, and we’ll have no more money problems. The trouble is, Juanita isn't always the most reasonable person in the world, and neither is her father. I'll have to play it very
carefully, I think. By the way, a very funny thing happened this morning. Juanita and I were down by the sea; I was enjoying a cocktail, and Juanita was reading some rubbishy detective
novel, when this strange guy came up to us and asked us some questions about you. He was wearing a white suit, black tie, and size 12 shoes. Juanita thought he was a cop. The thing is, he had a photo of you, and he said he was a friend of yours. Of course I won't say anything about it; but if you happen to see Mr Ramirez, do put in a good word for me, won't you?

Much love, David.
P.S. Give my love to Annie.

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:华尔街中级英语学习教程第3课:找人Act3 (MP3和文本下载)
下一篇:华尔街中级英语学习教程第3课:找人Act1 (MP3和文本下载)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved