英语资讯
News

英语情景口语:cities城市

Source:  Onion  2008-01-06  我要投稿   恒星英语学习论坛   Favorite  

音频下载[点击右键另存为]

074 cities

Words
Noisy pollution traffic jam shopping centre pedestrian zone bus stop inner city suburb apartment block busy street advertisement facilities stress light park ring road airport train/bus station
Entertainment theatre cinema bar and club market

Phrases
In a nice part of town
In a run-down area
Public traffic
Get stuck in traffic
Find your way around
Hustle and bustle
One-way traffic system
Find a parking space

Beginner
A: is your city a historical place?
B: not rally. 200 years ago, it was just a small insignificant village.
A; how did it grow into such a large place?
B: large deposits of coal were found nearly and so many industries located themselves here. The village quickly grew into a key industrial centre.
A: as the city grew, it must have absorbed many village nearby.
B; yes, it did. The names of those village survive as the names of parts of the city.
A; I see. Are there any building more than 200 years old in your city?
B; oh, yes. Several of the buildings from the villages still survive. Many of them were inns for travelers and today survive as pubs. There was a castle near one village, so our city has a castle too.
A; really? So your city does have some old history after all.

Intemp3ediate
A: what’s your city like?
B: it’s quite an interesting place to live. The best thing to do in my city is go shopping. There are several indoor and outdoor markets, department stores and shopping malls.
A; is the traffic bad in the city centre?
B; not really. Cars are not pemp3itted in several parts of city centre, especially in the main shopping areas. The public transport system is pretty good.
A; what about restaurants and entertainment?
B: there are restaurants with food from all over the world. We have a small china-town near the city centre. There are many Indian,thai, and Italian restaurants all over the city centre. There are many sports events in my city. We have several sports venues for football, rugby, and cricket-even ice-skating and ice hockey.
A; is there a lot of nightlife in your city?
B; there are several good clubs near the city centre. Many people in my city prefer something more’cultural”, so we several theatres and venues for classical music concerts and operas.
A; it sounds like a really exciting city to live in.
B: it is. I hope you’ll have time to come for a visit soon. You really should come during the summer, when the weather is better and there’s more happening outdoors

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语情景口语:the countryside乡村
下一篇:英语情景口语:countries国家

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved