Download AudioSCENE① B 在唐的酒吧里
【你真是没救了】
Don: It's cool. It's 1) hip. You have email, FAX, and telephone dates.
唐: 这是最酷最炫的。你可以透过电子邮件、传真,还有电话约会。
Herbert: That's too 2) nerdy even for me.
赫伯特: 这种方式连我都觉得无聊。
Don: You're hopeless. I'll have 3) to take your love life into my own hands.
唐: 你真是没救了。看来我得亲自插手你的恋爱生活。
Herbert: What do you have in mind, Mr. 4) Matchmaker?
赫伯特: 你在打什么主意,媒人公?
Don: Are you free next Friday?
唐: 你下星期五有没有空?
Herbert: Sure.
赫伯特: 有啊。
语言详解
A: Ralph has really changed.
拉夫真的改头换面了。
B: You're right. He used to be nerdy. Now he's pretty hip.
没错。以前他就像书呆子不会打扮。现在穿得可酷着呢。
【You're hopeless. 你没救了】
如果若有过你的朋友常常天马行空,想些不切实际的做法,你就可以对他说You're hopeless.若你想劝朋友实际一点,就可以说:Be practical! 你实际一点!
A: I love writing poetry. That's all I ever think about.
我喜欢写诗。我满脑子想的都是这件事。
B: You're hopeless! You might as well resign yourself to being a poor poet.
你真是无药可救!你干脆去当个穷诗人算了。
【take my life/future into my own hands 掌握自己的命运/未来】
一个人之所以会说这句话,总是因着“自己的命运要靠自己创造”的雄心壮志,但上面对话里的赫伯特因为太过被动,让唐着急不已,所以决定插手干预,才会说“你的爱情生活由我接管”take your love life into my own hands.
A: Let me help you.
我来帮你。
B: Nobody can help me. I'll have to take my future into my own hands.
没人能帮我。我必须掌握自己的未来。
1) hip (a.) (
俚语)炫的,最时髦的
2) nerdy (a.) 讨厌的,不吸引人的
3) to take...into my own hands 亲自处理……
4) matchmaker (n.) 媒人
将本页收藏到:
上一篇:57你大概不记得我了
下一篇:65我们根本没缘分