英语资讯
News

实战口语情景对话 第1357期:Life in Italy 意大利的生活(2)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2018-08-23  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Todd: Right. Yeah. Compare life in Italy to life in the states. What was it like? How was it different?
托德:好。嗯,比较一下意大利的生活和美国的生活。你觉得怎么样?有什么不同?

Shantel: Life in Italy feels so much slower. People are still very productive and they're very passionate and they go to their jobs and they go to work, but there's just this sense of how important it is to enjoy your time, and to enjoy your time with family and with friends. So for example, I feel like in the United States people ... and this is very general, but I feel like people have their jobs and they work really hard to the point where maybe they're so tired they go home and they just want to watch Netflix or watch TV and relax, and that's their way of relaxing is being at home. And in Italy it feels like the way people recharge and the way that they relax and get their energy back is being in the company of their friends, and being in the company of their family. So they'll finish work and everyone will meet up for a drink in the center of town. And it's not to drink a lot it's really just to have a glass of wine, eat some delicious food, and just sit and talk, but about nothing really. Just enjoy the time and eventually people decide to go home, but it'll be hours later even though they're exhausted from work. But that's how they relax and that's how they get their energy back. And they go to work the next day and are productive. I really enjoyed that the most.
香黛儿:意大利的生活节奏要慢一些。不过人们的效率依然很高,他们充满激情,他们有工作,要去上班,但是他们认为享受时光非常重要,享受和家人还有朋友在一起的时光。比如,我认为美国人……一般来说,美国人工作非常努力,以致于他们回家以后感觉非常累,只想在Netflix上看视频或看电视,以此来放松,这是他们在家里的放松方式。而在意大利,人们会选择陪伴朋友和家人,以此来给体力充电、放松、恢复精力。所以,他们下班后会相约在市中心喝酒。他们不会喝太多,只是喝一杯红酒,吃些美味的食物,坐在一起聊聊天,没什么特别的。就是享受时光,通常几个小时以后他们才会决定回家,即使他们的工作也很劳累。而这就是他们放松和恢复能量的方法。第二天,他们会照常上班,保持高效。我非常喜欢这一点。

Todd: I can relate to that. I was in Spain for about two months just traveling around and the one thing that I still remember the most is that I would go into a little pub, or a bar late at night, 10:00 a night and there would be old people. And I'm not talking like 50 or 60, I'm talking like 75 years old maybe. And they're well-dressed, and they're sitting at a table with their friends, and I can never imagine that happening in the United States. And it was so impressive. I was so impressed by that. That people really in the later years of their life still had that social spirit. They go out, they socialize, they have a good time. And we're talking late at night, like 10:00. You would never see that in America, ever.
托德:我有同感。我在西班牙呆了两个月,当时我在四处旅行,我印象最深刻的一件事是,我会在晚上10点左右去小酒吧坐坐,那里经常有老人在。我说的不是那些五六十岁的人,而是75岁左右的老人。他们穿着讲究,和朋友坐在一起,我无法想象美国出现这种情况。这令人印象极为深刻。这给我留下了深刻的印象。这些人在晚年生活中依然有这种社交活力。他们外出,进行社交,享受美好时光。我说的是晚上10点的情况。你不会在美国看到这种情景。永远不会。

Shantel: Yeah. I completely agree. And it's very similar in Italy too.
香黛儿:对。我完全同意。这和意大利非常相似。

Todd: So, what about the food? I hear the food is fantastic. Everyone raves about Italian food.
托德:那食物呢?我听说意大利食物非常美味。所有人都对意大利美食赞不绝口。

Shantel: Yes. It is so good. And I probably, wow, where to begin with food? I love the cheeses. There's just so many different kinds of cheese. I'm a huge cheese, meat, jam person. So the combination of having all of that available in Italy, especially the different regions are known for different foods. So sometimes you can't even eat a specific type of food unless you're in that city, otherwise you'd have to pay a lot to get it at a different part of the country. So, yeah I mean pizzas were delicious too. I know it's stereotypical but the pizzas were awesome and they're so different than the U.S. They're so thin, super, super thin there's no like deep dish pizza in Italy or double crust or cheese filled crust, that doesn't exist.
香黛儿:对,非常不错。哇哦,食物这个话题要从哪里开始说起呢?我喜欢奶酪。意大利有许多种不同的奶酪。我非常喜欢奶酪、肉还有果酱。而这些在意大利都有,尤其是意大利不同地区有不同的代表美食。有时特定的食物只能在一座城市吃到,其他地方没有,要想在其他地方吃到这种食物要花很多钱。当然批萨也很美味。我知道这是刻板印象,不过意大利的批萨真的很棒,和美国的非常不同。意大利的批萨很薄,超级薄,意大利没有深盘批萨、双面或芝士批萨,这些都没有。

Todd: Exactly. Like it melts in your mouth, right?
托德:没错。会在嘴里融化,对吧?

Shantel: Yeah. It's so delicious. And pastas of course are great. Their wines are delicious too. Yeah, I miss Italian food a lot. A lot.
香黛儿:对,非常美味。当然意大利面也很棒。意大利的红酒也很好喝。我非常想念意大利的美食。非常想。

Todd: Well, I am thinking of going there so you'll have to give me some tips.
托德:嗯,我计划去意大利玩,你一定要给我些建议。

Shantel: I would love to.
香黛儿:我很乐意。

Todd: Cool.
托德:太好了。

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1356期:Life in Italy 意大利的生活(1)
下一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1375期:Talent Wish 希望拥有的才能(1)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved