英语资讯
News

实战口语情景对话 第1362期:High School Band 学校乐队(1)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2018-08-14  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Hana: So I've heard that you were in a band when you were a high school kid.
哈娜:我听说你上高中时参加过乐队。

Ben: Yeah, actually I was. All four years I was in high school I was actually in a few bands. Yeah, I was in one pretty early on when I was a kid. Me and four of my friends.
本:对,没错。高中四年我加入过几个乐队。我从小时候就开始加入乐队了。当时我和4个朋友成立了一个乐队。

Hana: All right. So, did you have a name for your band or bands?
哈娜:好。你的乐队有名字吗?

Ben: Yeah, I guess the serious band I was in we were called Lucky Number Two. I know it sounds stupid and I thought it did too actually but I came into the band. I was asked to join. I didn't start it.
本:有,我加入的那个很认真的乐队名为“幸运数字2”。我知道那听上去很傻,我也是这么认为的,不过我还是加入了那个乐队。是他们请我加入的乐队,不是我组建的乐队。

Hana: Okay, right.
哈娜:好。

Ben: They said, "Hey, we need a bass player. Do you play bass?"
本:他们问我:“嘿,我们需要个贝司手。你会弹贝司吗?”

Hana: And I said, "Yeah, I do. I play bass, why?"
哈娜:我回答说,“我会。我会弹贝司,怎么了?”

Ben: And they said, "Well, we need a bass player so can you come and try out, audition?" And I did. And I said, "Oh, hey what's the band name?" And they're like, "Lucky Number Two." I was like, "Oh, wow. So lame." But, I wanted to play music so I just went along with it and said, "Yeah, sure."
本:他们说,“我们需要一个贝司手,你可以过来面试吗?”所以我去面试了。我问他们,“嘿,乐队叫什么名字?”他们说乐队叫“幸运数字2”。我当时想,“哇哦,这名字太差劲了。”不过我想演奏音乐,所以我接受了这个名字,我说“没问题”。

Hana: Okay, right. So why did they name the band Lucky Number Two? Do you know the reason?
哈娜:好。为什么给乐队起名叫“幸运数字2”?你知道原因吗?

Ben: I don't think there was a reason. I think at one point they just when they were thinking about what to do they couldn't decide on something so they just decided something and just went with it. They said, "Okay, we're going to decide this and we're going to do it." So I don't know, Lucky Number Two, yeah.
本:我想没有原因。他们可能在考虑要做什么,他们无法做出决定,后来他们做出了决定,然后就这样了。他们的想法可能是,“好,我们要做出决定,我们要这么做。”我也不清楚,然后他们就取了“幸运数字2”这个名字。

Hana: Right. So what kind of music did you used to play?
哈娜:好。你以前演奏哪种音乐?

Ben: It was like a punk music.
本:朋克音乐。

Hana: Okay.

Ben: So, yeah, which actually at the time was not very popular among young people in my town.
本:嗯,实际上当时我家乡的年轻人并不太喜欢朋克音乐。

Hana: Right. I'm not really a big fan of music, I don't really know anything about music. So what's punk music like?
哈娜:好。我对音乐并不热衷,也不是很了解音乐。什么是朋克音乐?

Ben: What's punk music like?
本:什么是朋克音乐吗?

Hana: Yeah.
哈娜:对。

Ben: Well our band, we had two guitar players, a bass player, and a drummer. And one of the guitar players sang too. So punk music is fast.
本:我们乐队有两个吉他手,一个贝司手,一个鼓手。其中一个吉他手担任主唱。朋克音乐的节奏很快。

Hana: Right.

Ben: It's fast and the drums are also fast. And the vocals are usually kind of yelling or screaming in a way. And not always but sometimes bands are political.
本:节奏快,鼓点也快。所以从某种程度上说,主唱经常要喊叫。有时乐队有政治倾向,但不是一直有这种倾向。

Hana: Right. Political?
哈娜:好。政治倾向?

Ben: Like we had a political ... I don't know how you would say ... At that time it was 2008.
本:我们会有政治派别,我不知道要怎么说,当时是2008年。

Hana: Yeah.

Ben: Sorry, that's wrong 2004. Yeah. George Bush was the President.
本:抱歉,我说错了,当时是2004年。时任美国总统是乔治·布什。

Hana: Yeah, yes.

Ben: And we didn't like him. We were kind of on the other side. So a lot of our songs were kind of politically driven.
本:我们不喜欢他。我们支持的是另一个党派。所以我们有许多歌曲都有政治色彩。

Ben: So our lyrics were like about ...
本:我们的歌词是……

Hana: So like criticizing.
哈娜:批判性的。

Ben: Yeah, like anti-president lyrics like that. I don't know. It's kind of funny because one of our songs actually ... 'cause you know the American flag is red, white, and blue the colors.
本:对,歌词内容是反总统的。我说不清楚。这有点儿好笑,因为我们有首歌实际上……美国国旗是红色、白色和蓝色的星条旗。

Hana: Yes.

Ben: So one of our songs was called Red, White, Black, and Blue like a bruise.
本:我们有首歌名为“红色、白色、黑色和蓝色”,就像瘀伤一样。

Hana: Oh.
哈娜:哦。

Ben: I don't know. We were angsty. I don't know. That's how I would describe punk music at that time.
本:我也不知道。我们很焦虑。怎么说呢,我会这样形容当时的朋克音乐。

Ben: Fast, politically driven lyrics, and screaming vocals.
本:节奏快、政治驱动的歌词,喊叫的主唱。

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1361期:Super Hero Skills 超级英雄技能亡(2)
下一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1363期:High School Band 学校乐队(2)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved