英语资讯
News

英语俚语习语小对话第253期: "刚上任的官"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2017-05-05  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

第253期:刚上任的官

英语情景对话:

A: Our major is from a bigger city.
我们的市长是从大城市调来的。

B: He’s doing fine. A new broom sweeps clean.
他干得不错,新官上任三把火嘛。

A: He brings with him some talented people from his former city.
他从先前救任的城市带来了不少的才人。

B: I think we’ll benefit a lot.
我想这对我们大有益处。

习语:

a new bloom 新上任的官

对话范例:

Jill: That new supervisor is awfully strict. And we cannot put up with it.
新来的上司很严格,我们受不了。

Jane: It is called that a new broom sweep clean. Don’t get upset all day long.
这是所谓的新官上任三把火,别着急。

英语学习笔记:

1. do fine:干得不错,干得好

Eg. Starting a new store is risky, but I think we will do fine.
开新店本来就会有风险,但我想我们会一切顺利的。

Eg. You do fine, and the manager knows it.
你演得很好的,经理是知道的。

Eg. I'll do fine, Mother, you can rest assured.
妈,你放心,我会干得不错的。

Eg. This log will do fine as a table for our picnic.
这块大圆木很可以用作我们野餐的餐桌。

2. bring with sb :随身带有

Eg. I shall bring with me the full details of my testimonials as you request.
我将根据您的要求带上详细的证件。

Eg. I'm always inclined to bring with me a flask with a little water in it.
我总是在身上带着一个瓶子,里面装上点水。

 


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语俚语习语小对话第252期: "近亲"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)
下一篇:英语俚语习语小对话第254期: "并驾齐驱, 旗鼓相当"英语怎么说? (mp3和文本下载)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved