英语资讯
News

美国第11任总统波尔克的就职演讲

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2011-04-02  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Without solicitation on my part, I have been chosen by the free and voluntary suffrages of my countrymen to the most honorable, and most responsible office on earth.
我没有乞求选票,但自由的同胞们却选举我,来担任这世界上最具荣誉,且责任最重大的职位。

I am deeply impressed with gratitude for the confidence reposed in me.
于人民对我的信心,我深感谢意。

Honored with his distinguished consideration at an earlier period of life than any of my predecessors, I can not disguise the diffidence with which I am about to enter on the discharge of my official duties.
与任一被赐予这一荣誉的前任相比我都更年轻,我不能掩饰我将要进入执行我的职责时信心的缺乏。

In assuming responsibilities so vast I fervently invoke the aid of that Almighty Ruler of the Universe in whose hands are the destinies of nations, and of men to guard this Heaven favored land against the mischiefs which without His guidance might arise from an unwise public policy.
在承担如此巨大的责任时,我热情地祈求宇宙全能之主的帮助。国家和人民的命运在他的手中,守卫着这天主恩惠的土地而不受由错误公共政策引起的危害。

With a firm reliance upon the wisdom of Omnipotence to sustain and direct me in the path of duty which I am appointed to pursue, I stand in the presence of this assembled multitude of my countrymen to take upon myself the solemn obligation" to take best of my ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."
因凭那支持并指引我走上这条行使我应尽之责道路的全能上帝赐予的坚定信心,我站在我的同胞们的宏大集会前,来自己担起这庄严的责任:“愿倾尽全力来维持,保护和捍卫美国的宪法。”

That the blessing of liberty which our Constitution secures may be enjoyed alike by minorities and majorities, the Executive has been wisely invested with a qualified veto upon the acts of the Legislature.
我们宪法所保证的自由同样为少数人和多数人享有,执政者被明智地赋予有资格对某些立法作出否决。

It is a negative power, and is conservative in its character.
这是一个否定的权力,并带有保守的特点。

It arrests for the time hasty, in considerate, or unconstitutional legislation, invites reconsideration, and transfers questions at issue between the legislative and executive departments to the tribunal of the people.
它为时代阻止那些草率,无谋和违反宪法的立法,征求重新考虑,并把立法与行政部门之间的问题转给人民裁定。

Like all other powers, it is subject to be abused.
如同其它权力,它可能会被滥用。

When judiciously and properly exercised, the Constitution itself may be saved from infraction and the rights of all preserved and protected.
当明智而又正当地行使时,宪法本身会免受侵犯,而全民权利会得到维护。

The inestimable value of our Federal Union is felt and acknowledged by all.
我们联邦联盟的不可估量的价值为众人所感受和认可。

By this system of united and confederated States our people are permitted collectively and individually to seek their own happiness in their own way, and the consequences have been most auspicious.
通过联合结盟的众洲体制,我们人民可以集体或单独地以自己的方式追求自己的幸福,并且有很乐观的结果。

Since the Union was formed the number of the States has increased from thirteen to twenty-eight, two of these have taken their position as members of the Confederacy within the last week.
自从联邦创立,众洲的数目由十三个发展到三十八个;其中两个上周才取得联邦的席位。

Our population has increased from three to twenty millions.
我们的人口也已由三百万发展到两千八百万。

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:福克纳诺贝尔奖致辞(William Faulkner: Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech)
下一篇:美国第七任总统杰克逊第一次就职演讲

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved