英语资讯
News

英语文摘:29 killed, over 500 injured in blasts in Lebanon's Tripoli: Red Cross

Source:    2013-08-24   English BBS   Favorite  

BEIRUT, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- At least 29 people were killed and more than 500 others injured on Friday when two powerful explosions rocked Lebanon's northern port city of Tripoli, according to Lebanese Red Cross (LRC) and security sources.

A booby-trapped car filled with 100 kg of high explosive exploded outside al-Salam mosque, which is located adjacent to the house of caretaker Prime Minister Najib Miqati, a security source told Xinhua.

But the prime minister's office said later that Miqati is not in the city at the moment.

"Another car went off next to al-Taqwa mosque, a few minutes after the first explosion," added the source.

29 killed, over 500 injured in blasts in Lebanon Tripoli: Red Cross

Black clouds shrouded the Lebanese northern city as heavy gunfire is being heard, according to the state-run National News Agency (NNA).

"The hospitals in Tripoli have launched a call for blood donation following the blasts due to the large number of the injured, namely over 500 till the moment, who were sent by the LRC ambulances," said Geroges Kettaneh, director of Operation Department at the LRC in a statement.

The blasts occurred after Muslim's Friday prayers, as a result, the twin attacks caused heavy casualties.

The rise of violence in Lebanon has put people on pins and needles, especially after a car bombing last week killed at least 25 people and injured 248 others in capital Beirut's southern suburb.


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语文摘:Two foreign soldiers killed in Afghan explosion
下一篇:英语文摘:Pakistan hands over 337 prisoners to India
最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved