英语资讯
News

英语文摘:235 killed, over 2,000 injured in Egypt's unrest: Health Ministry

Source:    2013-08-15   English BBS   Favorite  

CAIRO, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- At least 235 people were killed and over 2,000 injured in clashes across Egypt after the police started at dawn to disperse supporters of deposed President Mohamed Morsi at two major sit-in sites, a Health Ministry official told Xinhua Wednesday evening.

"The death toll across the country rises to 235, including 43 policemen," Health Ministry spokesperson Mohamed Fatah-Allah told Xinhua.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Mohamed Ibrahim said "The protesters were given complete opportunity for diplomatic solution, but in vain."

"We cleared up the sit-ins with the least losses," he said.

235 killed, over 2,000 injured in Egypt unrest: Health Ministry

The Egyptian security forces started Wednesday dawn the cleaning-up operation at Rabaa al-Adawiya Square in Cairo's Nasr City and Nahda Square in Giza. The pro-Morsi protesters had been sitting in there for some 45 days.


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语文摘:Snowden case not to affect U.S.-Russia missile defense talks: official
下一篇:英语文摘:17 killed, 135 wounded in car bomb attack in southern Beirut
最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved