英语资讯
News

英语访谈节目:美国女歌手疫苗注射现场

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2021-03-05  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

JUDY WOODRUFF: Finally tonight: a message from country star Dolly Parton. Parton, who helped fund the development of the Moderna vaccine, received her COVID-19 shot on Tuesday, getting what she called a dose of her own medicine. In a video posted to social media, she encourages us all to do the same.

DOLLY PARTON, Musician: Well, hey, it's me. I'm finally going to get my vaccine. I'm so excited. I have been waiting a while. I'm old enough to get it, and I'm smart enough to get it. So, I'm very happy that I'm going to get my Moderna shot today. And I wanted to tell everybody that you should get out there and do it, too. I even changed one of my songs to fit the occasion. It goes: Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, I'm begging of you, please, don't hesitate. Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, because once you're dead, then that's a bit too late 

DOLLY PARTON: I know I'm trying to be funny now, but I'm dead serious about the vaccine. I think we all want to get back to normal, whatever that is, and that would be a great shot in the arm, wouldn't it, if we could get back to that. But, anyhow, I just wanted to encourage everybody, because the sooner we get to feeling better, the sooner we are going to get back to being normal. So, I just want to say to all of you cowards out there, don't be such a chicken squat. Get out there and get your shot. Anyway, that's my message to you. So, I am going to call on my friend, Dr. Naji Abumrad, that has worked in research here at Vanderbilt. That's where I am today. And he's going to pop me in my arm, and so I'm going to call him in. I'm going to mask up first, though, because I have a pretty good distance from me and the camera. So, I'm going to try to put this on, and get that on, get my hair back around, so I look good. You know we got to look good.

DOLLY PARTON: OK, Dr. Naji, get in here and give me a shot. You think you got it?

DR. NAJI ABUMRAD, Vanderbilt University: I got it.

DOLLY PARTON: OK. That didn't hurt. Just stung a little bit, but that was from the alcohol pad, I think?

DR. NAJI ABUMRAD: Yes.

DOLLY PARTON: Right? OK. All right. Hey I did it. I did it.

JUDY WOODRUFF: One and only Dolly Parton. I'm still trying to figure out what a chicken squat is. I'm going to look it up. Thank you, Dolly.

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:英语访谈节目:美众议院将通过1.9万亿美元刺激法案
下一篇:英语访谈节目:美国首个新冠疫苗接种者对疫情的感受

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved