d to heart disease.

How can you detect a liar through a texted message? Watch for a delayed response. When college students were asked to tell a lie during an interview with a computer, they took 10 percent longer on average to send a message and they did more editing than usual.

Can marriage beat cancer? Married people were 20 percent less likely to die from the disease than those who were unmarried, according to a Harvard study of more than 730,000 people. They were also more likely to get the disease detected at an earlier stage and receive proper treatment. A husband or wife can urge you to seek medical help and support you during tough chemical therapy, radiation and other treatments.   (From-http://www.hxen.com)

14. Who would most to suffer from depression according to Australian researchers?

15. How did students behave when they told a lie during the interview with a computer?

16 What is the third piece of news mainly about?

Section C

Directions: In section C, you will hear two longer conversations. The conversations will be read twice. After you hear each conversation, you are required to fill in the numbered blanks with the information you have heard. Write your answers on your answer sheet.

Blanks 17 through 20 are based on the following conversation. 

W: Excuse me. I am Linda Li from the airport research division. May I ask you a few questions about the environment and the facilities there?

M: OK. 

W: Are you on a business trip? 

M: Yes, I am heading off for a conference in London.

W: What do you like most about the airport environment? 

M: Well, I really appreciate the daylight.

W: Daylight? 

M: Yes, the windows here make it seems if you are outside. Another thing I like is the moving walkways. You don’t have to walk for miles to the boarding gate. 

W: I see. Anything you don’t like? 

M: The shops are often overcrowded. There is no enough space to move around comfortably, and also I suppose the trollies are too small.

W: Well, thanks for your time. 

1. Complete the form. Write ONE WORD for each answer.

Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following passage.

W: Professor King, what exactly is critical thinking? 

M: Well, when you read critically, you should assess the writer’s ideas and think about the applications and the conclusions of what the writer is saying.

W: Can you give me an example?

M: When you read an academic text, first you should identify the argument and work out the writer’s main line of reasoning.

W: OK. What then? 

M: Try to analyze and criticize the argument. 

W: I see. That’s why you often ask whether the argument is presented in a logical way. 

M: Right! Then assess the evidence the writer gives you. That may be in the form of figures, survey results, examples etc. 

W: How about the writer’s conclusions?

M: Ask yourself if they are supported by the evidence.

W: Got it, thanks Professor King.

M: Remember the key to critical thinking is to read actively and keep asking yourself questions rather than just expecting.  (From-http://www.hxen.com)

2. Complete the form. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer. 

Blanks 21 through 24 are based on the following passage.

W: Professor King, what exactly is critical thinking?

M: Well, when you read critically, you should assess the writer’s ideas and think about the applications and the conclusions of what the writer is saying.

W: Can you give me an example? 

M: When you read an academic text, first you should identify the argument and work out the writer’s main line of reasoning. 

W: OK. What then?

M: Try to analyze and criticize the argument.

W: I see. That’s why you often ask whether the argument is presented in a logical way.

M: Right! Then assess the evidence the writer gives you. That may be in the form of figures, survey results, examples etc.

W: How about the writer’s conclusions? 

M: Ask yourself if they are supported by the evidence. 

W: Got it, thanks Professor King. 

M: Remember the key to critical thinking is to read actively and keep asking yourself questions rather than just expecting. 

2. Complete the form. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.

第一大题第1至第10小题,每题1分;第11至第16小题,每题2分:第17至第24小题,每题1分。共30分。

1. A    2.D    3.B    4.A    5.B    6.D    7.A    8.C    9.C     10.B

11.C   12.D   13.B   14.C   15.A   16.B

17. conference        18. daylight      19. moving     20. overcrowded

21. implications and conclusions  22. reasoning        23. Figures   24. keep questioning

本栏目更多同类内容

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:2014年湖北省高考英语听力mp3下载
下一篇:2014年湖南省高考英语听力mp3下载
※相关链接※

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved