英语资讯
News

实用商贸英语口语对话 Unit12:Advertising

Source:    2007-08-03  我要投稿   恒星英语学习论坛   Favorite  
音频下载[保存到本地收听]

(12)Advertising
◆ A Taiwan manufacturer talks with an American distributor and his ad agency.
◆ Distributor; Mr. Davis, I'd like you to meet Mr. Lin, our manufacturer from Taiwan.
◆ Agency : How do you do, Mr. Lin. It's a pleasure to work with you on introducing your delicious product to Americans.
◆ Manuf. : Thank you. I hope we can come up with a good marketing strategy.
◆ Distributor: One of the things Mr. Lin wants to know is what kind of packaging we'll be using.
◆ Manuf. : Yes, I'm interested in knowing what you plan to do about packaging. In Taiwan these dried fruits or michien-are either sold loose or packaged using very traditional art themes. I wondered if this kind of design was appropriate here, or if a more Western design would work better.
◆ Agency : We think the product should retain its character as Asian, something different and exotic in snack foods.
◆ Manuf. : How do you plan to accomplish this?
◆ Agency : We've retained some of the traditional Chinese art motifs in our package design such things as dragons and plum blossoms. But we've also used a more Western design which is less crowded and more abstract. We think we've combined the best of Eastern and Western advertising art.
◆ Distributor : Here are the sample designs, Mr. Lin. We need to know what you think of our designs.
◆ Manuf. : They look very nice. It seems that you have thought of everything.
◆ Agency : Which of these is most appealing?
◆ Manuf. : I think I like the one with the dragon best.
◆ Agency : They'll be done in different colors to indicate the different flavors. The designs are for use on preprinted plastic packaging. The fruits will be packaged by machine. There's a perforation at the top of each package so retailers can display the bags on a rack.
◆ Distributor :  American retailers are much more likely to carry goods packaged in this way.
◆ Manuf. : I see. This all seems well planned. Are you going to advertise exclusively through packaging?
◆ Agency : No, we plan to offer posters to retailers and to place ads in magazines, mostly upscale, gourmet magazines.
◆ Distributor :  We'll be aiming for a well-off, sophisticated market. These buyers are more likely to read ads than less affluent buyers. Research has indicated that once a product is accepted in this market, it gains acceptance elsewhere.
◆ Agency : Our aim might be to increase the recognition of a particular trademark among buyers. Each ad, poster, and package will contain the dragon logo for easy recognition of your products.
◆ Manuf. : Thank you for your work. It Sounds as if my products will soon be as popular in the U.S. as they are in Taiwan.

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:实用商贸英语口语对话 Unit13:Claims and Complaints
下一篇:实用商贸英语口语对话 Unit11:Line of Credit

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved