英语资讯
News

背诵为王第三册第48课 A New Hairdresser's Job

Source: 恒星英语学习网  Onion  2009-05-23  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  
Lesson48 A New Hairdresser's Job
Mathew lived in a big city, and always had his hair cut by the same hairdresser. Mathew went to him once a month. He always cut Mathew's hair exactly as Mathew liked it, and while he was doing it, the two men would talk about their favourite games or movies.
But one day the old hairdresser said to him, 'Mathew, I'm going to be sixty-five years old next month, so I'm going to retire. I'm going to sell my shop to a young man who wants to be a hairdresser.'
Mathew was very sad to hear this, because he enjoyed talking to the old man, and he was also worried that his hair would not be cut as well by the new gentleman.
He went to the shop again next month, and the new man was there. He did a very bad job when he cut Mathew's hair.
Next month, Mathew went into the shop again. The young man asked him how he would like his hair cut, and Mathew answered, 'Please cut it very short on the right side, but leave it as it is on the left. It must cover my ear. On top, cut all the hair away in the middle, but leave a piece at the front which can hang down to my chin.'
The young man was very surprised when he heard this. 'But sir,' he said, 'I can't cut your hair like that!'
'Why not?' Mathew asked. 'That's how you cut it last time.'

hairdresser 理发师
chin 下巴

新理发师的手艺
马修住在一个大城市里,一直让同一个理发师理发。马修一个月到他那儿理一次发,他总能把头发理成马修想要的样子,理发师理发时,两个男人就谈着他们喜爱的游戏或电影。
一天,老理发师对马修说:“马修,下个月我就六十五岁了,到时要退休了。我打算把店卖给一个想做理发师的年轻人。”
听到这个消息马修很失落,因为他喜欢和老理发师聊天,而且他担心新理发师理不好。
过了一个月,他又去理发。店里已经换了新的理发师,他给马修理的头发很难看。
一个月后,马修又到了这家店。年轻的理发师问马修想理什么发型,马修说:“麻烦把右侧头发理得短短的,左侧不要动。要能遮住耳朵。头顶中间的头发剪掉,但前面留一绺能垂到下巴的头发。”
年轻人听到他这么说非常吃惊。“可是先生,”他说,“我不能把你的头发理成那个样子!”
“怎么不行?”马修说,“你上次给我理的就是那样。”
将本页收藏到:
上一篇:背诵为王第三册第38课 A Stop Sign
下一篇:背诵为王第三册第47课 Pubs

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved