英语资讯
News

华尔街中级英语学习教程第1课:相遇Act2 (MP3和文本下载)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2016-07-14  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

HUGO:Is that letter ready yet, Lucy?

LUCY: I've nearly finished it, Mr Peters.

HUGO:Well, post it as soon as it's ready, please. I'm just going to the bookstore.

LUCY: Hugo Peters' office. Can I help you? Who's that speaking, please? It's for you, Mr Peters. He won't give his name; he says it's very urgent.

HUGO:Oh, very well! Hello, Hugo Peters here. What can I do for you?

ROGER: So, I've found you at last!

HUGO:I'll take this call in my office, Lucy.

HUGO:What do you want from me?

ROGER: You've moved house, haven't you, you bastard! But you'll never move far enough to get away from me!

HUGO:Look, I'm sorry about what happened, Roger, I really am, but I don't see what I can do.

ROGER: This is what you can do, Hugo. Get me a million dollars in bills, and a clean passport, and you'll never hear from me again.

HUGO:What? Are you crazy? I can't possible find a million dollars!

ROGER: I’m giving you 24 hours, Hugo. Call me at this number: 317 4480, at exactly the same time tomorrow. If you won't help me, I'll have to go to Trinidad and see what Mr P has to say!

HUGO:No, you can't do that! Don’t go to Mr P, please!

ROGER: I'll talk to you tomorrow, Hugo.

HUGO:My God! What am I going to do?

LUCY: Hugo Peters' office. Can I help you? Mr Peters - It's David!

HUGO:Hello, David. What do you want?

DAVID: I've got some good news for you!

HUGO:If you're out of money again, this is the wrong
moment.

DAVID: No, Dad! Juanita and I are getting married!

HUGO:Oh, is that all?

DAVID: Aren't you pleased?

HUGO:I'm sorry David, it's been a bit of a busy day for me.

DAVID: Ah, I see. Anyway, Annie doesn't know yet, so can you tell her? And another thing: Juanita's parents would love to meet you and Annie for lunch tomorrow - are you free? I thought we could go to "Da Renzo".

HUGO:Yes, yes, alright.

DAVID: Great! Well, you’ll tell Annie the news, OK? See you tomorrow, Dad.

LUCY: How is David, Mr Peters? I haven't seen him for months

HUGO:Oh, he's very well. He's getting married.

LUCY: Oh, how lovely! Who's the lucky lady?

HUGO:Her name's Juanita. She's the daughter of a Mexican multi-millionaire! See you later, Lucy!

ANNIE:So it's true, then: David and Juanita have decided to get married?

HUGO:Yes, that's right.

ANNIE:Aren't you going to do anything about it?

HUGO:What’s the problem? Why should I do anything about it?

ANNIE:Well, I think you should try to stop them!

HUGO:Stop them? What on earth for?

ANNIE:You know perfectly well, Daddy! David doesn't really care about Juanita! He’s just after her money, that's all!

HUGO:I think you're probably right, yes.

ANNIE:How can you be so calm about it?

HUGO:My dear girl, there are worse things a young man can do than marry the daughter of a multi-millionaire. Perhaps when you're a bit older, you'll understand that.

ANNIE:So you think your son should marry a woman he doesn't love, just so he can get his hands on her father's money?

HUGO:If you must put it that way, yes.

ANNIE:You're just as bad as he is, then! All you care about is money! Money, money, money!

HUGO:Calm down, Annie, please.

HUGO:Anyway, we've got to go out now. David and Juanita and her parents are expecting us in the restaurant.

ANNIE:You can go on your own, Daddy. I can't stand Juanita. And I really don't feel like meeting her parents.

HUGO:Oh, that's a shame! Well, I must be going, then. See you this evening, dear.

ANNIE:Maybe!

HUGO:Did you enjoy the meal, Mrs Ramirez?

MRS RAMIREZ:Yes thank you, I enjoyed it very much.

MR RAMIREZ: But the steaks weren't as good as Mexican steaks! Well now, Mr Peters, you're a businessman too, aren't you? What kind of business are you in?

HUGO:Oh, you know: mostly import-export.

MR RAMIREZ: I see.

HUGO:I do a lot of business in the Caribbean area; in Trinidad, for example.

MR RAMIREZ: Ah yes, the Caribbean: a very important market. Certainly a market with a future.

HUGO:Actually, Mr Ramirez, it's interesting that you should happen to ask me about this. You see, I'm just starting something up in that area, and I was looking for some capital, as it happens.

MR RAMIREZ: How much capital were you thinking of?

HUGO:Oh, not much - say, a million dollars?

MR RAMIREZ: Well, we'll talk about it another time. Why shouldn't we do business together, now that we're going to be relatives?

RENZO: Will there be anything else, Mr Peters?

HUGO:Would you like another coffee, or anything?

ALL: Not thanks, that's all.

HUGO:That will be all then, thanks, Renzo. Er… put it on my account, please.

MR RAMIREZ: Please Mr Peters, you should let me pay!

HUGO:Certainly not, Mr Ramirez. You're my guest!

HUGO:Well, I must get back to the office now. So nice to have met you, Mr and Mrs Ramirez, and I'll be delighted to have the lovely Juanita as my daughter-in-law. I'll see you all in the church tomorrow!

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:华尔街中级英语学习教程第1课:相遇Act3 (MP3和文本下载)
下一篇:华尔街中级英语学习教程第1课:相遇Act1 (MP3和文本下载)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved