英语资讯
News

华尔街高级英语学习教程第5课:机场接人Act4 (MP3和文本下载)

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2016-07-15  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

JOHN: Dear Annie,

It was very nice to see you the other day, even though we hardly had a chance to talk to each other properly. I'm very sorry to have wasted your time trying to sell you a washing machine; I should have realized that fanatical Greens like to keep their clothes black; my little joke! Of course, if you've changed your mind about the machine, you know where to get hold of me.

Anyway, that isn't the reason why I'm writing - although, if you were interested in a machine, I'd be happy to demonstrate one to you - the reason why I'm writing is a different one. I wanted to apologize for upsetting you by talking about my old friend and your old, or to put it another way, former father Hugo. I really shouldn't have mentioned him after all; he was your only father, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, the reason why I'm writing to you, as well of course as offering you another chance to buy a Laundroperk machine, is to tell you about a rather interesting customer I picked up at Washdon International Airport the other day. I drive a cab now, you see, which is why I collected, as I said, this person at the airport.

Well, this person I collected at the airport looked exactly like Hugo, except for the beard and mustache; he didn't have them, that is, but Hugo did, as I'm sure you remember. I asked him if he'd ever heard of him: Hugo I mean; I asked my passenger, that is, but he said he hadn't; in fact, he seemed to be quite offended, and he got out of my cab without paying! Just think; there's someone else around who looks just like your poor dead father!

The thing is, the reason why I'm writing to you is to suggest that we get together for a chat about old times, your Dad, maybe washing machines, and stuff like that. Perhaps we could go to a club one evening?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

John Berry. XXX

P.S. If you don't have any use for a washing machine, perhaps a friend of yours has?

P.P.S. If you don't like clubs, what about a quiet intimate evening in my apartment?

P.P.P.S. Sorry to go on about it, but if you are interested in the Laundroperk machine, could you let me know soon, so that I can get in touch with the company that sells them?

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:华尔街高级英语学习教程第6课:逃匿犯人重新出现Act1 (MP3和文本下载)
下一篇:华尔街高级英语学习教程第5课:机场接人Act2 (MP3和文本下载)

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved