英语资讯
News

胡敏读故事记单词雅思词汇第23课:After the exam考试之后

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2013-08-12  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

After the exam
      "Oh that was awesome! There was a moment of clarity when the cloud of confusion cleared and I could classify every part of the body in front of me. I thought I would have no clue about some parts, but your coaching was great and I'm sure my classifications were correct and I passed the test!" Said Mary as she clutched the coat she had just been given from the cloakroom. “I was so clumsy a week ago in the clinic. But today everything just clicked. And I know it's totally cliché to say this, but my eyes have really been opened because of you."
      "No problem." Replied Jack proudly. "You just had a classic case of pre-test worry. Working with clay dummies always helped me and I thought it might help you. I'm glad also that you climaxed with your preparation right before the test. In the future, just remember that your clients will be real, not made of clay."
      "Hey." Said Mary as she grabbed Jack's arm. "I also imagined hearing classical music in my head like you recommended. That really put me at peace."
      "That's great. If you passed you will now have clearance to work in real clinical situations. Just cling to the knowledge you have gained and you' 11 be fine."
      Mary smiled and looking into Jack's eyes said, "Thanks again so much. You really helped. Hey, do you want to get a bite to eat?"
      "I’d love to." Jack replied as Mary slipped her arm in his and they walked happily out of the hospital's side entrance.

考试之后
    “哦,真可怕。疑云散去后我的头脑出现了一阵清醒,我能对面前的身体的每个部位进行分类。我以为有些部位我会找不到线索,但是你的辅导太棒了,我敢保证我的分类正确且通过了考试!”玛丽边说边抓起从衣帽间递出的外套,“一个星期前,我在诊所里还笨手笨脚的,可今天一切都进展顺利。我知道这么说完全是陈词滥调,可你真的使我眼界大开。”
    “没问题,”杰克骄傲地答道,“你只不过是典型的考前恐慌而已。把黏土做成的假人当真人来准备考试对我很有帮助,所以我想对你也应该有所帮助。真高兴考试前的准备使你达到了最佳状态。将来你一定要记住你的病人是真人而不是黏土做的假人。”
    “嗨,”玛丽抓住杰克的胳膊说,“我还像你建议的那样想像自己在听古典音乐,这一招真的让我镇定了不少。”
    “太棒了!你如果通过了考试,就能得到许可在真正的临床环境中工作。紧紧抓住你所掌握的知识,你肯定会一切顺利。”
    玛丽笑了,她看着杰克的眼睛说,“再次感谢你,你真的帮了大忙。嘿,想吃点儿什么吗?”
    “好啊。”杰克答道。玛丽悄悄挽起他的手臂,俩人高高兴兴地走出了医院的侧门。

单词详解:

clarity          n.清澈,明净;清澈,明晰
classic          n.经典作品,经典作家a.最优秀的,第一流的;古典的;典型的
classical        a.(尤指文学、艺术)第一流的,古典
classification   n.分类,分级
classify         v.把...分类,把...分级
clay             n.泥土,湿土
clearance        n.清除,清理;出清,出空;(参与机密工作的)许可
cliche           n.咔哒声;(俚)进行顺利,成功
client           n.顾客,主顾;委托人,委托人一方
climax           n.顶点,(小说、戏剧等)高潮
                 v.达到高潮
cling            v.1紧紧抱住2坚持,忠实于
clincal          a.1.诊疗所的,门诊部的2.临床的,可临床诊断的
cloakroom        n.衣帽间;行李寄存处
cloud            n.云,云雾;阴云
                 v.1(云烟等)覆盖,遮薜2弄暗弄脏,使阴暗,使模糊
clue             n.(有助于解决议案、问题等的)线索提示
cumsy            a.笨拙的,手脚不灵的
clutch           v.近抓,紧握n.1把握,紧抓2一窝蛋,一窝小鸡,一群人(或物)
coach            n.私人教师v.训练,指导,当...的教练

将本页收藏到:
上一篇:胡敏读故事记单词雅思词汇第21课:The death of a loser失败者之死
下一篇:胡敏读故事记单词雅思词汇第25课:The commercial life商业生活

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved